Delta Computer Services is based in East Sussex and provides management information systems to leisure centres, theatres and visitor attractions throughout the UK with our first system being installed in 1985.
We pride ourselves in providing a functional, scalable and reliable software solution; listening to our customer’s requirements; meeting and enhancing their expectation levels of our software modules; and providing exceptional software support through regular consultation with our users as they are our advertising.
Delta is a family business operating as a partnership and we are now recruiting for two additional software Developers whose work ethic matches our own.
If you are sociable, innovative, creative, thorough, enthusiastic and a little bit mad then you are the piece of the jigsaw puzzle (that involves Customers, Sales, Customer Support and Developers all having a input in to the development of our software) we are looking for!
We are open minded to applicants that do not possess all of the desired skills outlined below but do have the underlying talent to achieve, develop and push the boundaries.
Due to expansion, we are seeking two talented and experienced Web Developers who are looking for a challenge. We are not necessarily looking for someone who can cover both Front and Back end but some experience of the whole range of skills will be looked upon favourably.
Working with us, your responsibilities will include leading development on a range of projects across a number of platforms and technologies. If you’re organised, motivated and not shy about sharing your opinion then this could be for you.
The role would be highly individualised and you will be responsible for designing, building and testing software before passing it to our Customer Support Team for rigorous testing before releasing to our clients.
Your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of both front and back end PHP applications. This involves working closely with the Product Manager, Dev Manager and Dev Team Lead to ensure the applications are built as specified.
You’ll also work closely with two Junior Developers and the Customer Support Team to test your code. Your focus will be on being a team player and having the ability to work alone and think outside of the box.
- Other features of the role include…
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for clients when first line support are unable to provide a fix
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developer, with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application / database for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API’s to enable system integration
- Reporting on server load and other valuable statistics
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively promoted
Essential Skills \ Requirements
You should have a wide breadth of development expertise and well versed in open source technologies, a solid understanding of web security as well as experience of several platforms, languages and environments.
An IT / Computing related degree incorporating knowledge of object-oriented programming would be ideal but not essential along with….
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases, preferably MS-SQL
- Experience of Responsive Web Application Development
- Experience in PHP development
- Ability to estimate accurately and work well to deadlines.
- Produce application code that meets design specifications, follows internal standards, and is easy to maintain.
- Database management and design.
- Maintain product documentation to reflect enhancements and other software changes.
- Knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap\REST, Json etc.)
- Strong knowledge of application security is essential (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems)
Basically, all ends of being a Developer – the front, the back and whatever other side you need to get the job done.
Desirable (though non-essential) Skills
Ideally our perfect employee would have experience working in the Leisure software development industry but as this is very niche it is not essential.
Coupled with the Essential Skills above the successful candidate will have experience with PDO, AngularJS, CSS3, SVN (tortoise), SOAP (WSDL)/REST, Bootstrap and JQuery. Experience with hardware interfacing (Printers/Smart Card Readers) would be an advantage
Having experience of Delphi WebServices, iOS and Android development; API integration and Payment Services would be the icing on the cake!
You will also be willing to…..
- Take over legacy code, some of which hasn’t changed for 5+ years and other code which has constantly evolved.
- Roll up your sleeves and take on the challenge of learning what over a million lines of code over many websites do (There will be assistance on hand from the developer who put it all together, of course) .
You should have…
- Good communications skills in English – both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Full Drivers Licence
Be the sort of person who….
- Actually enjoys coding and gets a buzz from it.
- Gets excited about starting a new project and seeing it through to fruition.
- Is positive, has a CAN-DO attitude who will find a workable solution to any problem and does not give up at the first hurdle.
- Isn’t scared to work on their own initiative
Salary and Benefits
If you feel you are up for the challenge we can offer you a generous salary, friendly working environment where there is a relaxed dress code. We will even contribute to moving costs for the right person.
Salary is competitive dependent on experience and will be incremented based on your performance. You will also receive a flexible holiday allowance (30 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays), and be able to work in a productive yet easy going environment.
The hours of work would normally be 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, although some flexibility of start and finish times is possible, with one hour paid lunch.
Pension – we are in the Auto Enrolment scheme.
We also have our own Car Park provided free for all employees.
Brighton, Crawley, Eastbourne, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks.
Delta is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, ethnic, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.